Zylstra Automotive was founded in 1981 by John Zylstra, where they do repairs on all makes and models of vehicles. At this time the automotive computer era was just starting to boom. In 1997 Ford came out with its Powerstroke and the computer system on this engine. This computer system fascinated John, and gave him the push to start installing performance products and fuel tanks. But he was not satisfied with the quality or the options that were on the market for the auxiliary fuel and tool box systems. In 2004 John started Zylstra Performance Products, where he started to build his own design of auxiliary fuel and tool box systems. Zylstra Performance Products provides you with many options of fuel boxes and has also designed their own Auto Fuel Control (AFC) system. Zylstra Performance Products number one goal is to have the highest quality product and to have the best innovations.
Shipping & Return Policy
Our terms of sale are F.O.B. our factory - The responsibility for damage in transit is the Carrier's, whether it be visible damage or concealed damage. All Shipments must be inspected at delivery or pick-up. Insist that damages be indicated on all copies of the Freight Bill of Lading. Please note that while the crate may appear to be intact, there may be concealed damage within, product dropped by carrier can be damaged inside the crate. Also note ALL DAMAGES on Freight Bill. If product is damaged, either refuse delivery or call The Fuelbox for instruction. All damage or shortage must be reported to us within one working day of delivery.
Carrier must be called requesting that inspection be made. Product must be inspected by Freight Company before being returned to The Fuelbox. The Fuelbox policy is to reship new product upon our receipt of Damage Report and or damaged product. The Fuelbox must be the Company filing the Freight Damage Claim, if customer files claim without notification and permission from The Fuelbox, they assume all responsibility for the consequences. The Fuelbox has no control over claims filed by customer and is not allowed to any information regarding claim by Freight Companies. Damaged product must be picked up for return to us prior to re-shipment. Do not return merchandise without our authorization. We will not accept return merchandise from the carrier unless our authorization has been issued. No authorization for returned merchandise will be granted after 30 days.
- Buyer is responsible, upon receipt, for noting any physical damage on the Bill Of Lading. By signing the Bill Of Lading without notation, you are accepting the shipment in good condition, this can invalidate any claims.
- Buyer is responsible for examining goods upon receipt for concealed damage. Subsequent discovery of concealed damage may reduce the liability of the Carrier (Freight Company) Carrier MUST allow you to inspect. If they do not allow inspection, note this on the Bill Of Lading.
- Buyer is responsible for retaining the original shipping carton. Failure to do so may void Freight Claim.
- Buyer is responsible for holding the damaged product at the delivery site until an authorized freight claim representative has inspected it. Moving the damaged product to a different site may void the freight claim.
- Buyer is liable to The Fuelbox for the full amount of invoice & all shipping fees. In the event the freight claim payment is not sufficient to pay the invoice in full, the buyer is responsible for the remaining balance and all shipping fees.
We have taken every precaution to insure safe arrival, but our responsibility ceases when shipment is turned over to the carrier. The Fuelbox reserves the right of refusal of any claim. All claims are subject to The Fuelbox inspection of damage. The Fuelbox DOES NOT guarantee delivery dates. RETURN POLICY: Orders cancelled after shipping are subject to a 20% restocking fee and ALL freight charges are customer's responsibility and will be collected. Returns are subject to Company Approval. Freight & other fee's may apply.